Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Compulsion of Order

I posted this to our Family Blog - but it applies here too!

I almost titled this post "Overcoming OCD" - but I don't actually have OCD (that I know of) so I renamed it.

The fact is that I have a REALLY hard time doing things out of order. I don't like skipping TV shows (my queue gets backed up for weeks when I miss a show and have to find it online somewhere). I don't like reading books out of order - even books that aren't really part of a series, but have common characters. I try very hard to read them in the published order. And I don't like blogging out of order.

So - I sometimes get paralyzed because I have things I want to blog about - but I don't get around to it - and now I can't remember the precise order and I feel like I need to spend an entire weekend going through my calendar and email to remember/research the exact things I want to blog about, and do it in the correct order.

And then every once in awhile - I realize that this is crazy and that when I read old posts about Isaac - I don't always read them in order, and each one is a treasure. And I am now depriving future Sarah of wonderful treasures as I miss blogging opportunities every day.

So - here I am rambling on. Expect alot of rambling, and expect alot of treasures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home